Community InformationPrince Georges County, MD
- Circuit Court for Prince George's County
- Office of The Sheriff Mission: To fulfill the duties of the Office of the Sheriff in a fair, professional and dignified manner so as to inspire and maintain the confidence and trust of the public.
- Office of Emergency Management The Office of Emergency Management is one of the agencies under the Office of Homeland Security and as such, it is responsible for the coordination of all County agencies, private organizations, businesses, persons, and other counties, cities and political subdivisions, to ensure the complete utilization of all available resources to effectively and efficiently mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and recover from any natural, technological or manmade emergency or disaster, regardless of size or complexity, including acts of terrorism.
- Office of Law The mission of the Office of Law is to serve all County agencies and citizens who have matters requiring Office of Law review in an expeditious and professional manner, to effectively enforce the civil laws of the County, and to be creative and responsive in its service to County agencies in all matters
- Police Department The Prince George's County Police Department is the primary law enforcement agency in the County. The goals of our Department are to contribute to a high quality of life by maintaining a peaceful and orderly community, by protecting the lives and property of our citizens, by reducing the opportunity for individuals to commit criminal acts, and by effectively investigating and apprehending persons suspected of committing criminal acts. The Department is committed to accomplishing these goals by working alongside you, the citizens of our community
- Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department The Fire/EMS Department strives to improve the quality of life in Prince George's County by promoting safety, and providing the highest quality of fire prevention, fire protection, emergency medical services, and community outreach programs
- State Attorney The State's Attorney's Office prosecutes anyone charged with committing a crime in Prince George's County. This includes crimes of violence, like murder, rape, robbery and assault, as well as nonviolent crimes against citizens and their properties. The State's Attorney's Office also investigates charges of police and public official misconduct and misuse of funds, and works to educate the community about crime prevention and the criminal justice system
- Doctors Community Hospital
- Bowie Health Campus is a unique 60-acre property providing for the health care needs of all ages, from newborns to the elderly.
- Laurel Regioanl Hospital The Mission of Laurel Regional Hospital is to provide comprehensive and valued healthcare services
- Saint Luke Institut is a licensed, private residential facility and institute for research and education specializing in promoting the health and well-being of women and men religious, clergy and others involved in church ministry.
- Southern Maryland Hospital is recognized for its centers of excellence in Maternal Child Health, Outpatient Services, and Mental Health Services. But the true distinction of Southern Maryland Hospital is comprehensiveness.
- Department of Public Works and Transportation Up-to-date contact listings; roadway construction schedules; route maps, fare and scheduling information for TheBus, Metrobus, Metrorail, leaf collection and snow removal information, etc.
- Maryland Transit Administration provides a network of transit and rail and freight services to our customers throughout Maryland in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner that supports the economy and the environment.
- Transit Services
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Dillon's Bus Service Whether its a charter, airport shuttle or group tour we are the company that will fulfill your transportation needs.
- Cedarville State Forest Hiking, Biking and Equestrian Trails--There are 19.5 miles of marked trails. They wind past the loblolly pine plantations planted by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930's, by a charcoal kiln, and through farm areas where springs and streams were used to make "moonshine."
- Piscataway Park stretches for 6 miles from Piscataway Creek to Marshall Hall on the Potomac River.
- Fort Washington Fort Washington has stood as silent sentry defending the Nation's Capital, for over 180 years. As technologies advanced so did Fort Washington. Fort Washington is one of the few remaining Seacoast Forts in its original designs
- Department of Parks & Recreation Our Department of Parks & Recreation in Prince George's County offers terrific opportunities for residents and visitors. We have community centers and arts facilities, fitness trails and aquatics centers, peaceful open space and sports for all ages. There's something for everyone!
- Prince George's County Memorial Library System The mission is to promote and make available resources that will fill the lifelong learning needs of individuals and groups in Prince George's County.
- Maryland State Law Library The primary function of the library is to support the research activities of the States' two appellate courts and court-related units of the Judiciary.
- Clarice Smith Perfoming Arts Center
- Bowie Playhouse is the city-owned 150-seat theatre. It is home to 10 different performing arts groups - featuring the Bowie Community Theatre. The Playhouse presents a variety of plays, concerts and dance recitals.
- National Ballet Inc is Maryland's oldest professional ballet company.
- Hard Bargain Players On many summer evenings the Amphitheater at Hard Bargain Farm shoots light beyond branch and leaf. Under this canopy of oak trees, local music and theater come alive, and after a brief stroll down a lit path, the best-kept secret in central Maryland reveals itself.
- The Latin American Folk Institute is a non-profit organization dedicated to build community through art education and affordable cultural programs.
- Laurel Mill Playhouse
- Historical Sites and Museums department of Parks & Recreations.
- ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE
- Afro American Newspaper
- Alaska Public Telecommunications Inc
- American Free Press
- Bloomberg L.P.
- Buffalo News
- Catholic News Service
- Christian Science Monitor, The
- Chronicle Of Philanthropy
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Copley News Service
- Cox Broadcasting
- Daily Journal Corporation
- Daily London Telegraph Inc
- Daily Press
- Detroit News, The
- Diario Las Americas
- District Chronicles
- Economist Newspaper Ltd
- Express Publications Company, Lcc
- Federal News Service, Inc.
- Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Freedom Communications, Inc.
- Friends Of The Washington Review Of Arts
- Fujisankei Communications International, Inc.
- Gannett Co., Inc.
- Grassroots Enterprise, Inc.
- HOLLYWOOD REPORTER THE
- Han Kyo Reh Daily News
- InTowner Newspaper
- Jewish Telegraphic Agency
- K R Washington Bureau
- METRO WEEKLY
- Mediterranean Affairs
- Metropolis Newspaper
- Modern Healthcare
- National Newspaper Publishers Association
- New York Daily News
- New York Times
- News Holdings Limited
- News Room
- News Service Washington Bureau
- Nikkei America Holdings, Inc
- R T N D A
- Roll Call, Inc.
- Singapore Press Holdings Inc
- Southern Political Report
- Street Sense Inc
- The Associated Press
- The Baltimore Sun
- The Dispatch Printing Company
- The E W Scripps Company
- Washingtonian Magazine
- Office Of Sheriff The Office of Sheriff is responsible for the operation of the Detention Center, courthouse and courtroom security,service of all court legal documents, execution of court orders, transportation of prisoners, execution of arrest warrants, and general public safety and law enforcement.
- Alexandria Fire Department The members of the Alexandria Fire Department are dedicated to serving those who live, visit and work in the City of Alexandria.
- Alexandria Police The basic mission of the Police Department is to maintain law and order, protect persons and property, apprehend persons suspected of crime, direct and control traffic, investigate traffic accidents, and enforce all state and city criminal laws.
- Alexandria Health Department
- HCR Manorcare Health Services Alexandria HCR Manor Care is the leading owner and operator of long-term care centers in the United States. We have more than 500 skilled nursing centers, assisted living facilities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care offices across the nation.
- Alexandria Library The Alexandria Library is an educational, user-oriented service institution providing free public access to recorded knowledge and ideas
- Department of Transportation and Environmental Services The Department of Transportation and Environmental Services (T&ES) strives to improve the overall quality of life within the City of Alexandria through the development of a superior infrastructure.
- Alexandria RideShare Public Transportation
- Washington Dulles International Airport There are 40 passenger airlines and four cargo integrators that serve Washington Dulles International Airport.
- Lyceum Alexandria's History Museum
- Alexandria Black History Museum With more than 250 years of history and hospitality to its credit, Alexandria offers an array of historic and cultural attractions. Alexandria's many historic homes, churches, businesses and museums allow residents and visitors alike to experience the hand of the past that makes our city the charming and historic town it is today.
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum Through the Alexandria Archaeology Museum the City of Alexandria, Virginia's archaeologists, volunteers and students work with citizens and developers to study and manage archaeological resources important to the community's past.
- Fort Ward Fort Ward Museum interprets the site's history and offers exhibits on Civil War topics, education and interpretive programs, tours, lecture and video series, bus tours, and living history activities throughout the year.
- Gadsby's Tavern The tavern was the setting for dancing assemblies, theatrical and musical performances, and meetings of local organizations.
- Little Theatre of Alexandria Established in 1934 and located in historic Old Town Alexandria, the Little Theatre of Alexandria presents seven professional quality shows each season along with a series of original one act plays.
- MetroStage MetroStage is a professional not-for-profit theater dedicated to producing plays by established and emerging playwrights, which are chosen for their social, political, literary and entertainment value.
- Old Town Theater
- Erickson & Ripper Gallery Located in historic Olde Towne Alexandria Virginia.offering the very best in complete Art services.